Health & Safety legislation requires that all employers assess their first aid needs, and have trained first aiders at the workplace where appropriate.
In emergencies, first aiders can act to prevent situations from becoming major incidents and can limit injuries through prompt action.
The one day course covers Health and Safety (first aid) regulation, managing an incident, first aid priorities, treating of an unconscious casualty, Recovery Position, resuscitation (CPR), choking, shock, bleeding and common workplace injuries.
In emergencies, first aiders can act to prevent situations from becoming major incidents, and can limit injuries through prompt action. The course is run at our training centre in Limehouse – or can be run at your workplace.
What you’ll get from the course
- A First Aid certificate, valid for 3 years*
- The confidence to spot dangers, help someone who has had an accident
- First aid skills you can use in your personal life
* We support the HSE best practice recommendation to complete an annual update of your first aid skills.
- Health and Safety (first aid) regulation
- Managing an incident
- First aid priorities
- Treating of an unconscious casualty
- Recovery Position
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Common workplace injuries
There is no formal assessment required. The instructor will make sure everything is done correctly during the course.